Joe's Randomness that is blog

9/23/2005

Finally

Some good news to report. Yesterday, I was offered the position at New Horizons. I officially begin work there this coming Monday. Hopefully I'll take to the job and have a fairly quick adjustment period (I'm not thinking they're going to give me a lot of time actually).

Based on what was said today when I was filling out the tax forms (I hope I did that correctly. . .I have no real clue what it all means), I'm apparently going to be travelling to Virginia Tech fairly shortly after a week or so of training/orientation. It would seem to me that they should let me work in the office at first, to get me somewhat used to what they do, but hey, if they think I can handle it, whatever. There has to be a good reason why they chose to hire me.

Also (since I don't want to talk about it in my other blog just yet), the season premiere of Lost was this past Wednesday. Wow. Just wow. The opening segment, I think, may be the finest 3 minutes of television I have seen. Not because of what you see (some guy waking up, working out, etc) but because of what you can see. There's so much going on in the scene. I've watched it probably 6 or 7 times, just trying to figure out what some of the images mean. We have the computer, the guy typing the numbers (we assume) on the computer, cleaning up a meal that I don't believe he ate (leading many to believe that there was someone/another set of people living there besides the guy we see), having a mash-up of stuff in there from all different time periods (some stuff being very recent, like the washer/dryer), and the medicine with the numbers on it. It all went by really really quick when it aired but being able to go back and freeze-frame during the scene really lets you see what you might not normally see.

Can't wait for the rest of the season to really start picking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home