Joe's Randomness that is blog

9/14/2005

Job update

Well, I did say it was good when I was going to car sales training. That hasnt really turned out so good (call me crazy but I'm actually losing sleep over the fact that they may try to scam me out of $900 if I dont get a job from them and they arent doing their job in keeping in contact with me/setting up interviews for me). But this new update is actually good. I applied to a company in Greensboro called New Horizons Computer Learning Center (they have franchises all over the country and a few international ones as well). Anyway, its for a teaching position. Technology teaching. Hmm, sounds similar to what I was sort of doing for the past two years while I was in school.

Anyway, I applied over the weekend, got a call back on Tuesday, preliminary interview today (Wednesday) and am going back tomorrow to give a 15 minute teaching presentation (so they can see if I am actually able to talk about computers without feeding BS into the minds of others). Luckily, the topic was fairly wide open (anything from their basic Windows XP class, which is really really really basic). I'm currently preparing how I want to talk about using and creating documents with WordPad. So, if all goes well tomorrow with my presentation, I may be getting a nice little cushy job doing technology training. Woot for a job possibility. . .thats actually putting my college degree to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home