Joe's Randomness that is blog

4/16/2006

I don't know why I'm writing this

Probably because I'm bored and just realized I havent written a thing in this blog for almost 1/4 of 2006. A quick update on things.

-My job is going well. Got a $1/hr raise for my 6 month evaluation (doesn't sound like much but comes out to a little over $2000/yr). We're currently working on a few fun websites right now. OutdoThat.com will be a photo sharing/voting website where the top ranked photos can win cash. And to help us get started, we're offering cash to people who just submit photos, since we can't really take a photo ranking site live without photos. JohnnySays.com is a very simple website about Johnny, some random guy that hangs out around one of my boss' pawnshops and is pretty entertaining. Pretty much we'll just be posting video's of Johnny and the stupid crap he says.

-In other job related news, I recently got to drive my boss' 94 Dodge Viper RT/10 which was insanely fun and quite scary too. I think if I get to drive it again sometime, I'll be a little more relaxed in it and can maybe see what it can do (besides go insanely fast).

-Car news. Diana, Chris, and I attended an autocross school run by a local club in mid-March which was a lot of fun, despite the drive there and back (it was about 2.5 hrs each way). But we learned a lot about what to look for and also got advice from some of the people there. I got to use Diana's fathers Miata for the even (shhh. . .he thinks it was a defensive driving school). First time driving a rwd and it went fairly well. I did get it sideways once, managed to take out a few cones, but continued on. I also got to do some fun runs in a 2004 corvette z06 with a guy thats done the evo autocross school more than 20 times and also does various other racing around the country (he's participating in One Lap of America this year in a new M3). The week after that, we got to put our skills to the test in an actual autox event in Greensboro. Chris and I had a successful day in his car. I finished 2nd and he finished 3rd in the novice class, losing to a modified Subaru STI. If we had competed in the non-novice classing I would have finished 2nd in the regular class anyway, which is a good confidence boost that I'm getting pretty comfortable on these tight autox courses. The next two weeks (Apr. 23 and 30) we have events to look forward to. Hopefully we'll get some video of the events (in and out of the car). Lets hope the weather stays beautiful like it was this weekend.

Other random thoughts:
-I like driving in Gran Turismo 4 with my wheel and pedal set (yet more good practice for autox. . .same princples apply but much faster speeds)
-I need some new shoes and am thinking about getting driving shoes from Piloti (blah to them being uber-expensive. . .$80)
-I am still saving up for my new car (I've decided on a 2005 Subaru STI in black or white)
-My desktop still kicks ass even though my graphics card is so outdated now its no longer made so I have to keep my eyes open for any good deals on used 7800gt's if I hope to run in SLI
-Lost is the best show on television
-South Park, while I love the social commentary the show provides, needs to do some episodes that DONT rip on something thats overexposed in the news
-Diana's dad wouldn't take the money I offered him which slightly upset me (when I had his car for the autox school, I broke the rear plastic window and was offering half of the repair cost of it)
-I want to go karting sometime this summer, maybe at VIR. . .must get more information about it
-I want to drive the Viper some more because I like being scared

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home