Joe's Randomness that is blog

11/27/2004

Black Friday

Well, I went out shopping today to get into the holiday spirit and join the crowds. Actually though, it was a very painless experience in terms of crowds. Staples, Circuit City, a local camera store, EB Games all seemed less busy than normal. Best Buy was Best Buy so it was pretty terrible, but still, nothing all that bad. Definately much better than back in PA where all the stores worth shopping at are all in the same mall or within 1 mile of said mall. Nashville is a little more spread out so I think this city can handle the crowds a bit better. OK, here's the damage report.

-Bought a wireless router and notebook card. Got the router and wireless network up and running really quick. Couldn't get my old Dell with the new card to connect to the network though, but I'll have more time in December.
-Bought a 512mb Memory Stick Pro for my future digital camera that I'll be buying myself for Christmas.
-Bought 6 games at EB for around $90. Manhunt, Return of the King, and Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow on PC and Prince of Persia, Kingdom Hearts and the Mega-Man collection on PS2.
-Bought "The Day After Tomorrow" and "Edward Scissorhands" on DVD at Best Buy. They had already sold out of "Mean Girls" a little after 10am so that was kind of dissapointing (its such a funny movie, definately worth the $10 they were charging for it).

After all the shopping, my mom and I had lunch at Olive Garden. Ugh, two days of filling my stomach to capacity not good. I need to not eat for the next 3 days I think. Anyway, thats about it. Its good to actually be able to use my own computer here at home (now I have less reason to ever leave my room).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home