Joe's Randomness that is blog

7/01/2005

A quickie before bed

Heh, I know the title sounds. . .um. . .heck, its 1:30 in the morning, you can't seriously expect me to come up with non-subliminal context in a blog posting! That just would take all the fun out of writing in a blog this late/early (depending on if you're a night person or not).

As I said in my previous post, I would be reviewing things as I saw fit. Well, I see fit.

War of the Worlds
movie
Didn't know much about the original story/broadcast so this is my first real experience with the story. I generally liked it, but damn! The ending was terrible! As I said on the way back home from the theatre, I really do believe that they could have done ANYTHING else and the ending would have been better. I really wish the movie would have just ended with Tom Cruise bringing his "daughter" back to her mother and then walking away. As it stands, the ending not only brought up unanswered questions, but also tried to explain *highlight for spoiler* why/how the aliens were defeated/killed. ARG!
Other than that, the acting was overall decent (its Tom Cruise. . .don't be expecting an award-worthy, except MTV award, performance) and the special effects were worth the price of admission. Definately won't be seeing it in theatres again though.

1 Comments:

  • Take a look at www.innertalk.com for some real subliminal tools.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM link  

Post a Comment

<< Home